Tuesday, September 9, 2014


Hey everyone it was another great week!
This week has been pretty fun. First off I got my new comp and we started working together. He is the exact opposite of Elder Latu and it is kinda hard to adjust but I will be fine. His spanish is great and he is a really good missionary so I am going to learn as much as I can from him. We met like all the members this week and didnt do much finding. But we got fed like crazy! I hate how much I am forced to eat. It is all super unhealthy too. Lots of bread and coke for days! All the stuff that gets you fat and I am starting to see that happen ha. No one in this mission stays skinny so I just need to make sure I dont get too bad. One kid was good his whole mission and his last month gained 50 lbs haha. So expect a fat little Takoma when you see me. We have a baptism set up for this weekend and that will be great. One is on hold because of a family crisis so we are praying for that to work out soon no matter what that means ha. We had a miracle this week. We had ben praying for one and as we were setting our goal for the month we got a call. Someone who had already been taught and wants to be baptized moved to our area. So all we need to do is teach a couple lessons then they are good to go. If thats not a miracle idk what is. O and they speak english too lol. Lets see what else. No flat tires that is great. Idk thats all that really happened. Lots of members and food this week ha. But it has been fun and this new comp has a different way of doing things so that has been interesting.
Yesterday we taught a guy for the first time and we taught him the restoration. It was a great lesson and the spirit was there. We asked him to pray and he wouldn't. He was having a hard time talking and was tearing up. If that wasnt a clue he was feeling the spirit then the insane feeling of peace and love in the room was. We knew he was feeling it and we taught him what it meant. Hopefully it works out with him but it is so great to see the spirit working on people like that. It is such a blessing to see those things. The spirit always testifies to me that the church and what i am teaching is true. Also seeing how people change and become so much better and so eager to share this gospel. It is just the funnest thing and such a blessing to be a part of. We are having so much success here and I know it is because of the HG and I am so thankful to have that gift with me. Idk it really is just incredible. I hope all of you start to become more involved in missionary work. Think and pray about people you can share the gospel with. Invite them and the missionaries over and be a part of the work. I know I say that a million times but being a part of that and seeing that will strengthen your testimony so much and change you as a person so much as well. I love being out here. It is hard and I think about everyone probably more than I should but there is no place i would rather be and nothing more i wold rather be doing. I love you all so much and I hope you get to experience a taste of what it is like to be out here by doing this. Thanks for all the support and I will get back to you all as soon as I can. Pray always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment